Simon Reeves - 4 May 2018
Today’s the day!
After a few weeks of fingernail biting, we’re pleased to be able to finally reveal the names of our CVQO Westminster Award finalists for 2018. For the final 40, it must feel like an eternity since Selection in Somerset back in April but at long last the waiting is over.
And there’s a surprise in store...
During the judging process it soon became clear we had a very difficult job on our hands. More nominations meant more great candidates, which in turn meant more cadets making it through to Selection, which means… one more finalist.
This year we genuinely couldn’t separate a handful of candidates, so we thought the fairest way to decide who should go would be to add an eleventh name to the list.
We were privileged to have such a tricky job on our hands this year, but what we can say for all nominees is that they did fantastically well to have even been nominated in the first place.
They really are an amazing group of young people and all have bright futures ahead of them. To all those who were unsuccessful, please keep your head up and stay brilliant.
Right then, let’s get to it.
The 2018 Westminster Award finalists are:
- Georgia Allison 1414 (Crowborough) Squadron ATC
- Alexander Anderson 1367 (Caerleon) Squadron ATC
- William Bond Sherborne School CCF
- Naomi Eyre Derbyshire Police Cadets - Chesterfield Unit
- Larissa Faldo Chelmsford Sea Cadets
- Bradley Gunn 295 (Witham & Rivenhall) Squadron ATC
- Jack Larder Suffolk ACF, Ixworth Detachment A Coy
- Samuel Ray Weymouth Sea Cadets
- Jasmine Roper Yorkshire North and West ACF Scarborough Detachment
- Katie Sewell Warsash Sea Cadets
- Adam Toy London Fire Brigade - Havering Fire Cadets