The CVQO Young Leaders course
Thanks to LIBOR funds provided by the Chancellor, CVQO will be offering 2,500 MOD cadets the chance to complete a CVQO-led ILM Level 2 Young Leaders Award (SCQF Level 5) each year for the next three years.
The qualification is delivered by a team of CVQO instructors over two consecutive days and includes a combination of practical leadership activities and classroom-based theory lessons.
The course is aimed at 14 to 15½-year-old cadets and is designed to challenge them to unlock their leadership potential. Learners will have loads of fun, learn how to motivate and inspire those around them while, of course, gaining an ILM Level 2 Award for Young Leaders.
The course includes topic areas such as: leadership styles, team development, problem solving, setting SMART objectives and using SWOT analysis.
Learners will be assessed through their written work, video observations made by an instructor, peer feedback and self-assessment. Workbooks will be completed during the course and assessed by CVQO instructors.
How does it work?
Simple, all you have to do is supply:
- Two consecutive days of training (e.g. weekend or two days at annual camp)
- Your own Cadet Force Adult Volunteers who hold duty of care and act as a point of contact for CVQO instructors
- Provide overnight accommodation and food for the CVQO instructors
- A suitable venue that can accommodate your cadets and all staff
- Sufficient teaching space for all elements of the course
How do I register my interest and book a course?
- Step 1: Read the information about what CFAVs are expected to provide for a booking to be confirmed by clicking here
- Step 2: Read the FAQs and gain access to the expression of interest booking form by clicking here
- Step 3: Complete the expression of interest booking form
- Step 4: Enquiry passed to CVQO Regional Manager, who will verify your course
- Step 5: CVQO will contact you to move the enquiry forward and complete admin
- Step 6: Course takes place, workbooks completed and feedback collected
- Step 7: Assessment of work and certificates!
Please take the time to download and read the attachments at the bottom of this page and we look forward to working with you.