This NQF Level 4 Licentiateship award is run in conjunction with City & Guilds and is part of their Professional Recognition Awards suite. The Licentiateship is comparable to a Foundation Degree and is suitable for those with a supervisory/first line management skills level.
The award is available to any Adult who typically demonstrates:
- First line responsibility for managing day to day activities
- Manage resources in own area of responsibility
- Constructively work with others to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships
- Identify and access opportunities for professional development
- Be able to apply professional standards in own area of responsibility
- Communicate effectively and manage information in line with organisational and legal requirements
- Consistently meet aims and objectives
- Exercise autonomy and judgement in work role
- Consider the views and perspectives of others in decision making
- Address problems that are well-defined but non-routine
Completion of the award involves writing a reflective account to explain how you show competency in each of the six main performance criteria. These statements must be linked to specific detail in each of 27 statements within these six main criteria. You will also need to provide a portfolio of evidence to support your reflective account. These items of evidence must be linked with the reflective writing and the criteria.
CVQO will appoint an individual mentor to help you interpret these requirements.
All Adults have one year in which to complete the award.
In order to pass the award an Adult must demonstrate competency against the following Performance Criteria:
- Standard 1: Commitment to Professional Standards
- Standard 2: Communication and Information Management
- Standard 3: Leadership
- Standard 4: Professional Development
- Standard 5: Working with Others
- Standard 6: Managing Customer Relationships
The selected evidence must be supported by Personal Statements that demonstrate its relevance and the context in which the evidence was used.
The overall assessment and recommendation for certification will be based on:
- Range of supporting evidence and the Reflective Account
- Assessor’s Report
Assessment of an Adult’s work will be undertaken by a subject specialist who will take into account:
- The degree to which the evidence presented demonstrates that the criteria has been met
- The validity and reliability of the evidence
- The quality and sufficiency of the evidence
Should an Adult’s work fail to demonstrate the required competencies, the Adult will have the opportunity to resubmit their work at no extra personal cost to them. Procedures for resubmissions are as detailed in the General section of these Guidelines.
The successful holder of the City & Guilds Licentiateship will gain:
- Level 4 NQF Qualification in Leadership and Management
- Post nominals of LCGI (Licentiate City & Guilds Institute)
- An opportunity to attend CVQO’s Annual Graduation Ceremony
- Eligibility, depending on prior and current experience, for CVQO Corporate Membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). This comes with a personal cost of annual membership fees payable by the Learner.