This RQF Level 6 Graduateship award is run in conjunction with City & Guilds and is part of their Professional Recognition Awards suite. The Graduateship is comparable to a Bachelor's Degree.
The award is available to any Adult who typically demonstrates:
- Senior management responsibilities
- Take responsibility for achieving organisational objectives
- Take responsibility for managing a programme of substantial change or development
- Identify and manage resources to meet organisational objectives
- Take responsibility for motivating, delegating and empowering others
- Promote innovation and generate ideas for improvement
- Take responsibility for promoting, monitoring and maintaining compliance to professional standards
- Establish, lead and maintaining effective communication
- Develop and implement standards for customer service
- Evaluate the impact of professional development on self and the organisation
- Address problems that are complex and non-routine
Use autonomy to make judgements, demonstrating an ability to understand different perspectives, approaches and schools of thought
Completion of the award involves writing a reflective account to explain how you show competency in each of the six main performance criteria. These statements must be linked to specific detail in each of 27 statements within these six main criteria. You will also need to provide a portfolio of evidence to support your reflective account. These items of evidence must be linked with the reflective writing and the criteria.
CVQO will appoint an individual mentor to help you interpret these requirements.
All Adults have one year in which to complete the award.
In order to pass the award an Adult must demonstrate competency against the following Performance Criteria:
Standard 1: Commitment to Professional Standards
Standard 2: Communication and Information Management
Standard 3: Leadership
Standard 4: Professional Development
Standard 5: Working with Others
Standard 6: Managing Customer Participation and Expectation
The overall assessment and recommendation for certification will be based on:
- The Reflective Account and portfolio of evidence
- The range of supporting evidence
- Assessor’s Report
Assessment of an Adult’s work will be undertaken by a subject specialist who will take into account:
- The degree to which the evidence presented demonstrates that the criteria has been met
- The validity and reliability of the evidence
- The quality and sufficiency of the evidence
Should an Adult’s work fail to demonstrate the required competencies, the Adult will have the opportunity to resubmit their work at no extra personal cost to them. Procedures for resubmissions are as detailed in the General section of these Guidelines.
The successful holder of the City & Guilds Graduateship will gain:
- Level 6 RQF Qualification in Leadership and Management
- Post nominals of GCGI (Graduate City & Guilds Institute)
- An opportunity to attend CVQO’s Annual Graduation Ceremony
- Eligibility, depending on prior and current experience, for CVQO Corporate Membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). This comes with a personal cost of annual membership fees payable by the Learner.