This RQF Level 7 Membership award is run in conjunction with City & Guilds and is part of their Professional Recognition Awards suite. The Membership is comparable to a Master’s Degree.
The award is available to any Adult who typically demonstrates:
- Strategic leadership responsibilities
- Articulate a vision for the future of the organisation or own area of responsibility
- Take responsibility for leading the organisation or own area of responsibility through complex change
- Have an in depth understanding of resources and manage them to meet organisational objectives
- Establish a culture of mutual support and cohesion which values the contribution of others and recognises success
- Promote innovation and generate ideas for improvement
- Establishing an environment and culture that assures and promotes compliance with professional standards
- Develop a communication strategy for the organisation or own area of responsibility
- Represent the organisation to communicate on matters of importance and sensitivity and establish robust methods for managing information.
- Establish a strategy for putting the customer at the centre of the organisation or own area of responsibility
- Champion professional development within the organisation
Completion of the award involves writing a reflective account to explain how you show competency in each of the six main performance criteria. These statements must be linked to specific detail in each of 27 statements within these six main criteria. You will also need to provide a portfolio of evidence to support your reflective account. These items of evidence must be linked with the reflective writing and the criteria.
CVQO will appoint an individual mentor to help you interpret these requirements.
All Adults have one year in which to complete the award.
In order to pass the award an Adult must demonstrate competency against the following Performance Criteria:
Standard 1: Commitment to Professional Standards
Standard 2: Communication and Information Management
Standard 3: Leadership
Standard 4: Professional Development
Standard 5: Working with Others
Standard 6: Managing Customer Expectation
The overall assessment and recommendation for certification will be based on:
- The Reflective Account and portfolio of evidence
- The range of supporting evidence
- Assessor’s Report
Assessment of an Adult’s work will be undertaken by a subject specialist who will take into account:
- The degree to which the evidence presented demonstrates that the criteria has been met
- The validity and reliability of the evidence
- The quality and sufficiency of the evidence
Should an Adult’s work fail to demonstrate the required competencies, the Adult will have the opportunity to resubmit their work at no extra personal cost to them. Procedures for resubmissions are as detailed in the General section of these Guidelines.
The successful holder of the City & Guilds Membership will gain:
- Level 7 RQF Qualification in Leadership and Management
- Post nominals of MCGI (Member City & Guilds Institute)
- An opportunity to attend CVQO’s Annual Graduation Ceremony
- Eligibility, depending on prior and current experience, for CVQO Corporate Membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). This comes with a personal cost of annual membership fees payable by the Learner.