- To be responsible for the data relating to enrolments, student tracking, student records and completion data.
- To develop and maintain data quality including identifying and correcting anomalies in MIS (management Information Systems) data to provide management tool of analysing performance over time.
- Ensuring compliance with FE funding rules (GDPR, recording and reporting systems); contributing to the development of colleagues’ working knowledge of FE funding methodologies whilst ensuring statutory, regulatory, audit and operational issues are adhered to and communicated effectively.
- To assist projects using expert skills and knowledge to benefit the organisation on Digital Strategy.
- By using an analytical approach offer solutions to issues around learners data and behaviour e.g. incomplete data, reasons for learners not completing etc.
- To focus on continuous improvement, innovation and championing new systems uptake including writing relevant software to develop dynamic reports in a variety of formats.
- Support the Curriculum and Learning Support teams to understand the impact of internal and external factors and use this data to understand product performance.
- To work in partnership with colleagues to clarify and define their information needs ensuring that specifications for development provide the required solution.
- Question creditability of reports, alignment of reports with current business needs and investigate any anomalies in order to support business decisions.
- To acquire a wide knowledge of the data used by various departments of the business e.g. the set up and maintenance of the curriculum on MIS databases.
- Provision of data reports as requested by the Executive Team.
- Responsibility for the preparation and submission of the Individual Learner Record (ILR) at specified times of the year.
- Assistance with adhoc office duties, including filing and archiving.
- To attend training, meetings and networking events as and when required.
- To work towards the core values set for the whole organisation.
- To promote CVQO in a positive manner including British values.
- To maintain the quality standards set by CVQO.
- To be aware of CVQO’s policies and ensure they are not contravened e.g. Health & Safety, IT
- Ability to use CVQO’s IT systems specific to job role but not excluding HR Toolkit
- Learning Support team members, the Executive Team, Operational managers and ABS (external IT provider).
- The post holder should maintain good communication with all colleagues both remote and at CVQO HQ.
- The post holder will be expected to help build trust and respect within the organisation.
- Hours - 37 hours; 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Holiday – 23 days plus Bank Holidays
Person Specification - Qualifications and experience required for this role:
- GCSE A* - C or 9 - 4 in Maths and English
- Degree level or equivalent qualification
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel and an ability to use different systems and software i.e. Pro Achieve, SharePoint, SQL
- Demonstrable database experience and information management with a focus on analysis
- Highly organised, self-starter with excellent analytical approach to problem solving
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to work quickly, multi task and accurately under pressure
- Ability to successfully prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Business acumen
- Knowledge and or experience of working in the charity sector
- Knowledge and or experience of working in the education sector
- Knowledge and or experience of working in voluntary sector ideally cadet forces
- Experience working in an office environment
This role profile is not exhaustive; any other duties may be expected as appropriate to the post holders grading and ability. The role is subject to an annual performance review and may also be subject to periodic review and amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
This is a new role in the Quality and Curriculum Department to be responsible for the data relating to enrolments, student tracking, student records and completion data.
The successful candidate will be able to develop and maintain data quality to provide performance analysis in due course whilst ensuring compliance with FE funding rules (GDPR, recording and reporting systems); and ensuring statutory, regulatory, audit and operational issues are adhered to and communicated effectively.
Closing date 12 noon Monday 19th November 2018 although CVQO reserves the right to close the vacancy before this date.